The ReQuest Job Control module can either sit in the background and be updated by transactions from the other ReQuest modules or be used to drive the processes within your business.
Job management is a key advantage of ReQuest allowing professional, printers and other service based companies to monitor costs, progress and profitability job by job.
Key benefits enjoyed by the ReQuest user are as follows.....
- Jobs can be budgeted and then updated with real costs when goods are received, purchase invoices are posted or time sheets entered.
- Job profitability takes into account committed costs associated with purchase orders yet to be invoiced.
- Nominal ledger postings from petty cash or credit card or any journal movements can also be set to update Job records.
- Sales order deliveries and invoices will instantly update the Job records providing the basis for an easy check for outstanding invoices, real profitability and overcharging.
- The Job Financial and Progress lists summarise the key elements of each job allowing rapid appraisal. Each list includes the facility to drill down on queried jobs to examine them in more detail.
- For users driving their business from the job sales and purchase orders can be created, outstanding orders can be edited or linked to for historical information.
- Job records can be cloned into new records to preserve common details and uplift features thus avoiding time consuming re-entry of data.
- Time spent by individuals or equipment on particular Jobs or on tasks within a Job is easily recorded. The time is recorded both at cost and at an uplifted value usually to reflect the resale value of the time. To assist in the tracking of the productivity of particular resources the system also records the time spent on all jobs onto a resource record specific to each individual or item of equipment. This record holds cost details of the time charged for each resource and summarises them monthly over three years against the budget.
- Reports include Work in Progress summaries and Profitability analyses. The Work in Progress report details in columns the build up of the costs accrued to date and compares the value of these with the invoices or applications for payment made so far. The Work in Progress column calculates the difference between these based on either sales value including or excluding net profit according to client needs.
- The Job Control module maintains a record of Job Status to assist users who need to identify the stage each Job has reached. The production of certain documents can be set to trigger a change of status or manual changes can be made.